Sunday, June 26, 2011

every so often, i feel like a supporting character in someone else's story
where's my spin-off, though?
i pop in, say my catchphrase, do my thing
uncle phil throws me out of the house
charles and mambo, the doctor from 30 rock
who am i kidding? the doctor? lutz
i'm not batman to someone's superman
i'm blue beetle
ted kord blue beetle
but before he died, and people started caring about him

i had a supporting character night tonight
nothing changed in the overall characer arc
good things, bad things, in the middle things
things i tried to help with, that didn't not go well, that didn't go anywhere
rory pond, dude

from now on, just jokes
stick to the funny
stop being a dick
stop thinking in ways that don't make people laugh
you're a supporting character

i'd better start working on my catchphrase:
"this is what it's come to"

No comments:

Post a Comment