Wednesday, April 6, 2011

on the first day, i didn't miss you
i was excited
and everything seemed new
endless possibilities
and a small trinket to remember you by

on the second day, there was a bit of pain
there was an unfamiliar roughness to everything
and i started thinking
maybe i had made a mistake

on the third day, i caught a good look at myself in the mirror
what i had become
it made me sick to my stomache
but i knew there was no going back
irrepairable, inconceivable

on the fourth day, i tried to adjust
but i wasn't fooling anyone
and i wasn't fooling myself

it's the fifth day, and i miss you
i miss you more than anything
and i can't wait until you come back

if you love something, cut it right off of your face
and if it grows back, then it was meant to be
i miss my beard

No comments:

Post a Comment