Tuesday, April 19, 2016

I've learned to fear the heights of feeling good
Because, boom, there's the crash
The crest and the and orange juice
I don't know how that happened

Get into work
My voice is cracking from not being used
Exercise it, socialize
Open up a little to strangers
Go for a walk, it's actually nice out
Even if it is an uneventful walk
Go home, feed the cat, feed the me
Draw for a commission, go for a drink
Crash

Was it the women nattering away in the booth next to me?
With their incessant, cackling, laughter
Was it that the guy with the fade/manbun combo?
He was confident and handsome and a creator
Was it the walk and seeing the same damned car?
Important reminder, that thing you fucked up
Was it Men In Black?
No

Maybe I'm just tired
Sure I'm tired
But I wrote this last week
And put it in the buffer
So maybe I feel better this week
And the sun's out
And I don't crash

No comments:

Post a Comment